Pickaway News Journal

Fri, Aug 18, 2017

Barn fire quickly controlled at Sam's Excavating

Comment     Print
Crews work at the scene of an electrical fire at Sam's Excavating on Monday. (Photo courtesy of Harrison Township Fire Department)

HARRISON TOWNSHIP - A fire in a pole barn was quickly brought under control Monday at Sam's Excavating on St. Paul Road near Ashville.

The call came in as a smoke investigation about 9:46 a.m., according to Chief Eric Edgington, Harrison Township Fire Department.

"Upon arrival, we found fire inside of a wall in a large pole barn that stored excavating equipment," Edgington said. "We had to pull metal sheeting and insulation to find the fire, but once we got that pulled, we were able to get it out quickly."

Edgington said the cause of the fire appeared to be electrical.

He said the fire was quickly brought under control because someone was actually working at the property and noticed the smoke.

"If a fire like this started in the middle of the night or when no one was around, those are the ones that get really bad and really violent," he said. "It's always good to have some kind of alarm system to notify someone so they can get there and put the fire out."

No injuries were reported in the incident, and Edgington said damage was minor.

The Scioto Township and Rickenbacker fire departments also assisted at the scene.

Related Articles

Read more from:
Local News

Tags: 
harrison fire

Share: 

Comment      Print

Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: