Pickaway News Journal

Thu, Mar 23, 2017

Crews battle attic fire on Union Street

Comment     Print
No injuries were reported in this fire on East Union Street on Saturday. (Submitted photo)

CIRCLEVILLE - An electrical issue is suspected as the cause of a house fire Saturday afternoon on East Union Street.

The Circleville Fire Department responded to reports of heavy smoke coming from the home at 369 E. Union St. about 1:45 p.m., according to firefighter Scott Cavanaugh.

"From the information we got from the homeowner, it sounds like it was electrical in nature," Cavanaugh said. "The majority of the fire was above the ceiling in the attic space, and that's where most of the fire damage was."

Cavanaugh said it took a while to get to bring the situation under control due to its location.

"We had to tear out a lot of ceiling to really get to it," he said.

The scene was cleared about 4:25 p.m. No injuries were reported.

The Circleville Fire Department was assisted at the scene by firefighters from Harrison Township and Pickaway Township, along with volunteers from the Box65 scene support unit.

Related Articles

Read more from:
Local News

Tags: 
circleville fire department

Share: 

Comment      Print

Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: