Pickaway News Journal

Sun, Jun 25, 2017

Laundry fire quickly contained at Deer Creek Lodge

Comment     Print

MT. STERLING - Officials are citing spontaneous combustion as the probable cause of a laundry room fire early Monday morning at Deer Creek State Park Lodge.

Chief Dave Taylor, Tri-County Joint Fire District, said lodge guests were evacuated from the building as crews were dispatched about 4:46 a.m. Monday.

"There were two plastic buckets that had towels in them that caught fire in the laundry room," Taylor said. "We're assuming spontaneous combustion. We're not sure if they came from the kitchen, or if the laundry had done them the day before and put them in a bucket, but there was no other source of ignition."

Taylor said a maintenance worker at the lodge had already used a chemical to fight the flames by the time crews arrived on the scene, and the situation was contained by 5:11 a.m.

Fayette County EMS also responded to the scene as stand-by, he said.

Guests were allowed to return to their rooms once the situation was contained.

Related Articles

Read more from:
Local News

Tags: 
deer creek state park

Share: 

Comment      Print

Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: